When it comes to getting everything set up for your business, choosing the right internet provider is going to be near the top of your list. These days, it’s difficult to get much done without a reliable internet connection, so this is a must to get started.
There’s a number of internet providers to choose from when it comes to your business. From large chains to local providers, this is a big decision to make. It will directly affect the efficiency and productivity of your business, which can definitely feel intimidating.
Two popular internet providers you may be considering are Utah Broadband and Comcast Business. Before we compare these providers, we will cover what you should look for in a business internet provider, why having quality internet is a must for your business, and what some of the pros and cons are of Utah Broadband and Comcast Business.
What To Look For in My Business Internet Provider
First, you want to consider your business needs to determine qualifications to help you narrow down your list of providers. Specifically, you want to consider the following services:
The speed of your internet is perhaps the most important factor to take into consideration. The speed you’ll need will depend greatly on several factors including what you’re using the internet for and how many people will be accessing it. It could be anywhere from 15 Mbps to 500 Mbps. Here’s a great guide to help you determine your needed bandwidth.
Chances are, you have a budget in place for your business, and there’s a line item titled “internet”. Cost is something that you’ll want to factor into this decision. Keep in mind that just because one internet plan has the highest speed and the most bells and whistles, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the right pick for you. Make sure you compare all the specifics of the different plans from providers so that you understand what is included in each plan.
Whether your business is booming or you’re getting ready to scale back, you may find yourself in need of easy scalability from time to time. Keep this in mind as you consider which internet provider is going to serve you best. You don’t want to be locked into a specific plan if something changes within your business.
You’re inevitably going to experience challenges from time to time with your internet service. A technical issue or perhaps an issue with your billing. You could be considering changing your plan. When these moments come, you want a provider with exceptional customer service.
Why Quality Internet is a Must for Your Business
Many businesses are online. Whether they’re fulfilling orders, answering questions from customers, posting something on the business’s social media account, or sending out paychecks, the internet is necessary to take care of the items for your business.
With quality internet comes higher levels of productivity, greater online security, and the ability for multiple people to work at once. It’s a no-brainer—investing in quality internet will definitely pay off.
Are Bundles Worth it?
It’s safe to say that many internet service providers have bundle options. This is where you can get a slightly discounted price when you combine multiple services together. For some businesses, bundling phone and internet together can save money over time.
However, it’s easy to fall for the illusion of ease with internet bundles, when in fact, it’s possible you don’t even need it. Not all employees may require a phone at their desk to complete their work. You need to consider all the services before you consider bundling.
Before you jump into signing up for a bundle, take a step back and ask yourself a few questions:
- Is a work phone necessary for my business, or can my needs be met with my cell phone?
- Does every employee in my business need a phone? Are there other options such as Google Voice or other internet telephones that don’t require extra charges?
Now that you’ve decided what you need, you will start looking at different internet providers. Two of the most prominent in Utah are Utah Broadband and Comcast Business. You want to review what their services are to consider what’s best for your business.
Advantages of Utah Broadband
Why choose Utah Broadband? Other than the fact that they’ve been Utah’s business internet provider for over 20 years, let’s take a look at some of their most notable points:
- Prices never increase: Their reliability in this regard is unmatched. You’re never going to get a notification saying that the cost of your services is going to increase. It will always stay the same.
- Fast Installation: As a business owner, you don’t have time to wait weeks for your internet service to be installed. Utah Broadband is well known for having quick installation times.
- Exceptional Customer Service: There’s nothing worse than waiting and waiting on hold to get help with your internet service. With Utah Broadband, you can anticipate quality, local customer service.
- Easy Personalization Options: Other internet services make it challenging to upgrade and personalize your internet service. Utah Broadband makes it easy to adjust your plan to meet your needs.
Advantages of Comcast Business
Now, let’s take a look at Comcast Business:
- A Variety of Internet and Phone Packages: If bundles are what you’re looking for, you’re going to have many options with Comcast Business. They have a wide variety of options to choose from, making it easy to find something that will fit your needs.
- Cyber Security: Optional managed cyber security solutions are available through Comcast. For businesses that do not manage security themselves, this is a great option.
- Business Growth Outside of Utah: If you’re anticipating growth in multiple states with your business, going with a national provider can be beneficial. Keep everything managed with one provider at your various locations.
Finding the Right Internet Provider
Having the right internet provider with the right plan is going to make a world of difference for you and your business. Give yourself the ability to grow your business by equipping yourself with the proper tools for success. You’ll quickly find that exceptional internet is well worth the investment for your business.